Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

This soup is my first try and it's amazing...I know I say it for everything but trust me this is worth trying...!!


All You Need:

3 tsp Butter
1 chopped onion
2 stems of celery (chopped)
1/3 cup flour
4 cups Milk
2 cups half and half*
Pinch of nutmeg
4 heads broccoli cut into florets
3 cups grated cheese (mild/ sharp cheddar, pepper jack etc..Pick your cheese)
Salt to taste
2 tsp Blackpepper

METHOD:

Heat butter in a pot...


Add Onions and cook until translucent abt 3 min or so...


I also used some celery so jst add it in...


Sprinkle in the flour and cook it for about a min....


 Add the milk and half and half....


Add the nutmeg...:) it just gives a better flavor...


I presoaked the broccoli in hot water for 3 min... 


Toss in the broccoli and add a little salt, cheese might have salt of it's own, plus you can add if you need more, also add loads of black pepper...:D



Simmer and cover it for 20-30 min or until broccoli is tender... 


Add the cheese now..:D Clearly I didn't use 3 cups...;)


Let it melt and mix it well...


Check for seasonings if you wanna add more...;)


Here's the deal if you wanna keep it this way it's ready to be served I choose to blend it which wasn't a good idea lol...;) Next time I won't blend it...;)



Perfect and ready to be served...:D
Njoy it with a bun or any other bread you want..:D





*I was out of half and half so I replaced 1 cup of half and half with 1 tsp melted butter, plus enough milk to equal a cup...;)

No comments:

Post a Comment